Master Bathroom Makeover | Anna Grace: Master Bathroom Makeover

Friday, June 13, 2014

Master Bathroom Makeover

When we first moved into our home, 
we knew we would be doing some work on the master bathroom.

The walls were painted a strange pink-periwinkle color that neither of us liked.
There was exposed piping beside the toilet from a bidet that had previously occupied the space.

I had tried various things to cover up the piping, 
but we really just needed a complete bathroom makeover.  

Are you ready for some before and after photos?





Gotta love this tile back splash, right?



I began by removing and staining all the cabinets and the trim. 
Then, while those dried I painted the walls a creamy ivory.
It was a lot of work, but SO worth it.


As far as color scheme goes, I went completely neutral. 
I wanted to give us some wiggle room in the future 
when we replace the toilet, sink and counter top.


Adding handles to the cupboards made a huge difference.
Hobby Lobby has so much to choose from, it took me a few weeks before I could even decide.


I was really nervous about painting the tile around the sink area, 
but I am in love with the way it turned out.
I couldn't be more pleased.


Since everything was so neutral, 
I built a little planter to fit in the windowsill for a pop of color.


A basket of good reading beside the toilet. :)



I am a candle fanatic.  
I know my mother is laughing as she reads this.
When I was a teenager, 
my bedroom looked like a shrine there were so many candles everywhere. :)
So I had to include just a cluster of candles in our bathroom.



So there you have it. 

I will write another post in the near future with details about how I built the table next to the toilet, and how I painted the counter top.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful work you have done, Anna. I am sure Scott is so proud of you... and really, so am I!

    Blessings of peace,
    Lidia

    ReplyDelete
  2. anna - sorry its been a while - ive been meaning to write. i'm so in love with your bathroom. I'm sure with you doing the work it saved $.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis