DIY Wooden Welcome Sign | Anna Grace: DIY Wooden Welcome Sign

Friday, May 23, 2014

DIY Wooden Welcome Sign

I have been hoping for a while now that I would find something really cute and inexpensive to replace the battered wreath that has been hanging on our front door for far too long.
Yesterday as I was rummaging through my crafting closet I found this stencil and was instantly inspired.  In the garage, I found a scrap piece of 1x6 that was exactly what I wanted.
I cut the board to be just a little longer than the stencil and painted it white.


 After the paint had dried I taped the stencil down and very carefully painted over it.


 I measured, marked, and drilled two holes in each end of the board 
and then strung twine through them, 
making sure that the twine was the right length so that it would hang at eye level.


I am so pleased with end result!


This project only took me about thirty minutes and cost me nothing.
I used scrap wood, paint and twine from previous projects.


May your day be blessed!



4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! And the cost is pretty awesome also! :D

    Have a wonderfully blessed day!
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your awesome. Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read this, and the other previous posts you have done. All beautiful, Anna. I love your creativity, your positive outlook. You are good with tools! Nothing in your upbringing has gone to waste. I am amazed that the way your mom and dad raised you is helping you so much in your married life. Psalm 139 : 16 - Abba Father has written the days He has fashioned for you even before a single one of them came to pass! Sometimes, although I know you only through your blog posts, I remember you, and lift up a prayer for you. (BTW, I also love Kari Jobe) Happy Pentecost today, dear one. May His gentle presence overflow your heart.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis