DIY Mr. and Mrs. Pillows | Anna Grace: DIY Mr. and Mrs. Pillows

Monday, February 24, 2014

DIY Mr. and Mrs. Pillows


 I keep seeing these adorable Mr. and Mrs. pillows on Pinterest and I LOVE the idea, however THESE ONES pictured above are $44.00 on Etsy.
The ones in Hobby Lobby were around $30.00 each.
So I decided to make my own.

I already had the pillow inserts and fabric in my craft closet, all I needed was a fabric pen.

DIY Throw Pillows

I simply opened up Microsoft Word on my laptop, selected the size and font I wanted to use, and printed each word on a separate piece of paper.

Then I just traced the words onto the fabric using my brand new fabric pen from Hobby Lobby.

DIY pillow tutorial

Go HERE for a tutorial on sewing an envelope style pillow case. So easy!!!!!!

I loved the way they turned out. 
Since I already had some of the materials, this project cost me about $2.00.
You can't beat that price.

Pillow tutorial

Since I made these pillows, I've been going a little crazy with the ones in our living room. :)
Pillows are such a fun, inexpensive and easy way to change up a room or add a pop of color or personality.

Have a fabulous day!


2 comments:

  1. ANNA , I LOVE THEM! I IT REMINDS ME OF THE ONE I HAVE ON MY BED .IT IS A RECTANGLE STYLE,BURLAP AND HAS THE WORDS,LOVE YOU MORE.I LOVE PILLOWS! I ENJOY READING YOUR BLOGS AND SEEING YOUR DECORATING! STILL IN MY PRAYERS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the one you did and agree it sure turned out in a fine way.

    Keep shining.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis