Deliciously Moist Banana Bread | Anna Grace: Deliciously Moist Banana Bread

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Deliciously Moist Banana Bread



I LOVE banana bread. 
I can't think of many things more wonderful than a slice of piping hot banana bread, 
with butter melting into it's delicious center.

I can easily eat a whole loaf all on my own. 
It just seems to happen!
Before I know it, I turn around and it's all disappeared. 

I love my banana bread to be as moist and soft as possible. 
As long as I can remember, my mother has always added a cup of yogurt to her banana bread recipe to achieve that perfect soft and oh-so-tasty texture.

Here is my favorite recipe:

Banana Bread

Ingredients:
2 C. Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup softened Butter
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
3 overly ripened Bananas
1 Cup Yogurt, plain, vanilla, lemon, or honey flavor

Preheat oven to 350. Combine all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl or mixer.
Stir for a few minutes until everything is well mixed.
Grease two loaf sized pans. I usually use olive oil.
Pour half of the batter into each pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes to 1 hour; until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

This bread is also scrumptious with a few blueberries, 
or a handful of chocolate chips added to the batter.

Yum! Yum! Yum!

Do you have a favorite banana bread recipe? 
Or a favorite extra ingredient you like to add?
Leave a comment! I would love to know.

Thank you for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Anna Grace,
    I have not visited your blog in probably over a year or so... there have just been many things going on, and I've not been on blogland much, except to write a few posts on my own blog. This evening I somehow thought of you, and wanted to drop by your place. I did pray for you and for God to grant your heart's desire for a baby. How glad I was to find out, after scrolling down to read a few recent posts you've written, that you are finally having one, a dear little precious bundle of joy, and what a beautiful name as well! Mary Joy... I will surely be praying for her joyous arrival into this world. And, I love banana bread too, so I will try this recipe that you shared with your readers. When you have a little time, I would love for you to drop by my blog, and give yourself a chance to have a little glimpse into my world. So far away from yours, so different a culture from one you have been raised... but I am sure we meet often at the feet of our God. Much love to you and Scott and the coming little one... Lidia

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis