Strawberry, Feta, and Spinach Salad Recipe | Anna Grace: Strawberry, Feta, and Spinach Salad Recipe

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Strawberry, Feta, and Spinach Salad Recipe


Last night I opened the fridge, looking for something tasty to make for dinner.
We had just picked up our produce from Bountiful Baskets, and our counters and icebox were laden with fresh fruits and veggies.
I decided to make a big dinner salad.
My usual method is to start with a bed of spinach and then top it with anything that looks good.
Rummaging around, I came up with a delicious combination.

Strawberry Feta Spinach Salad

Spinach and romaine, topped with:
 1 pear, cubed.
 Several strawberries, sliced;
 a handful of pecans, 
Feta garlic and herb cheese.

I like my salads too heavily garnished with goodies. :)

For the dressing, I mixed up a recipe I've been using for ages.


Poppy Seed Dressing

In a medium saucepan combine: 

3/4 Cup white sugar
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. minced onion
1/3 Cup apple cider vinegar

Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves, but DO NOT BOIL.
Then add:

1/4 cup salad oil
1/4 cup water

Whisk together, then chill until cooled.
This recipe has a tendency to separate, so I serve it in a small pitcher with a spoon for stirring.
I hope y'all enjoy this recipe!


4 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! I love wonderful salads!
    Thank you for including the recipe for the dressing.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks amazing! I will defiantly be trying this one soon, if not tonight. :D Thanks for sharing.

    Have a wonderfully blessed day!
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE spinach salad with lots of goodies, and love the poppy seed dressing...substituting a little Stevia in for the sugar..still a great dressing!
    Great pic of the salad!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anna Grace, the salad looks delicious. I will definitely try to make the dressing soon. Praying for God's favor to continually surround you like a shield.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis